Alphabet books are a wonderful way to acquaint your child with the alphabet letters and there are a multitude of wonderful books from which to choose. There are several things that set Alphabet Anatomy apart from other alphabet books, however, most of which incorporate a certain theme with which to introduce the letters.
Alphabet Anatomy’s simple letter rhymes teach not only the sound of each letter but also enable children to visualize what each letter looks like and recall its individual graphic components. So, letter recognition is better facilitated and automaticity accelerated both in reading and writing the alphabet letters. Alphabet Anatomy helps to diminish the struggle that children face to associate mere abstract symbols with letter sounds and shapes.
Here are more ways that Alphabet Anatomy helps children:
• It encourages and grows a strong vocabulary.
• Alliteration helps children pay attention to the sounds of letters and words, which develops phonemic awareness.
• Rhymes and alliteration are the easiest forms of phonetic awareness, a critical early literacy skill.
• Rhymes and alliteration soothe, entertain, and foster a positive attitude toward reading.
• Rhymes build listening skills which help build reading comprehension.
• Rhymes are portable playthings, and children learn best through play.
• Children learn better and faster when exposed to rhymes at an early age.
• Rhymes introduce children to the music and fun of language.
• Numerous studies provide evidence that rhyme and alliteration sensitivity contribute to proficient reading.
• Learning about the letters’ lives encourages imagination and creativity.
• The letters can help teach valuable lessons and character traits.
• The letter stories use additional rhyme and alliteration to entertain and build reading and writing skills.
• Children can add to the letter stories with their own writing endeavors.
Best of all, Alphabet Anatomy can be used anywhere, anytime, and in any position (whether sitting, standing, or just lounging around); and it requires no extra equipment, tools, or toys to use!